- wear well, love well -
This season, 10% of the profit made from your purchase will go towards our featured charity ~
The Sanctuary House is run by Challenge 2000, a Wellington Youth Development Agency. This home is one of five Challenge 2000 Youth Homes in Wellington.
Young people are cared for and learn to care for each other in a unique whanau/community type environment. The Sanctuary House is for young women aged 14 to 18 who are either at college, in transition to study or employment. The home supports young women to achieve their potential, succeed at study, participate in school and community activities and/or gain independence. Challenge 2000 strives to make the Sanctuary House a home away from home for the young women involved.
The service includes:
- Opportunities to gain NCEA credits and additional skills through mentoring and tutoring.
- Building self-esteem and self-confidence, helping girls improve their communication skills, strengthen relationships.
- Learning to be interdependent and help others in the community through service and volunteering.
- Help with budgeting skills and life skills.
- Fitness and wellbeing programmes.
- Support and advocacy for WINZ appointments and employment assistance.
- A holistic process that enables the young women to accept all opportunities and challenges that come their way.
Direct donations to our featured charity are always welcome! If you would like to make a direct contribution towards the youth house or find out more about Challenge 2000, click here.
Know any youth charities we can show some love to?
We are always on the lookout for youth-focussed charities to feature and partner with, if you have an organisation you would like to suggest, we would love to hear from you - Contact Us